Re: New Archaeology

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sandbagger1 from ws810fdd.gsfc.nasa.gov on August 26, 1998 at 11:07:50:

In Reply to: New Archaeology posted by Indy Magnoli on August 26, 1998 at 10:46:54:

: Another option for those who want a more adventurous career in archaeology is Nautical Archaeology. It is still a new science and has an endless amount of work needing to be done. It's also closer to the old days of archaeology in that much of it is still centered around the search for artifacts and what they can tell us of history and people.

I am involved with a group called the Maritime Archaeological and Historical Society (MAHS). They teach classes and other things, but they also help
find volunteers to help with archaeological projects. My Dad just helped 3 weeks in Southern Turkey, and both he and Mom are probably going to help
survey a Dutch warship sunk in 1720 near Curacao. I hope to join them, but work can be a pain sometimes. For those who don't relish the prospect
of returning to school to become archaeologists, volunterring is a good way to get a taste for it.

Paul

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]