are those stains on the front of your brim? Lol

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Coil from pm6-3.northlink.com on November 05, 2000 at 20:22:03:

In Reply to: Re: That hat thing again! posted by Fedora on November 04, 2000 at 20:45:20:

: : I know that the popular opinion is that when it comes to the Raider's hat, a dark brown 1 1/2" petersham ribbon is the closest. On my Miller this ribbon is too light in color. In most of the pics I have seen from Raider's the ribbon looks almost black. Now I now a thing or two about lighting and ASA of filmstocks, but there is not enough contrast between the hat and the ribbon.

: :

: : My question for you fedora experts is this: 1)Was I sent the wrong ribbon? Perhaps there is a darker brown. or 2)Is the Miller darker then the true Raider's hat?

: : It has to be one or the other. I look forward to your thoughts.

: Yes, I feel that the ribbon on the Miller is not dark enough. I also think that the Raiders fedora was a little darker brown than the standard mink color. The ribbon on the Raiders fedora appears to be a really dark brown with a little black mixed in, but still dark, dark brown. Also, it didn't have a shiny finish. I once owned a cheap Indy fedora made by Bee Hats. Think I paid 30.00 for it, but the color of the hat and ribbon was the closest I have seen to the actual color of the Raiders fedora. The ribbon was not grosgrain. I don't know what it was, and I have not seen this particular type since that time. I really wish i still had this hat, and could post some pics of it, nest to some of my other hats to illustrate this point on the ribbon color. Oh, well. regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]