Re: 6-year-old loves Indiana Jones . . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by kent from dial34.insolwwb.net on November 05, 2000 at 22:12:15:

In Reply to: 6-year-old loves Indiana Jones . . . posted by Desperate Mom on November 05, 2000 at 21:41:03:

: and, believe it or not, decided 3 months ago that he wanted his upcoming 6th birthday party to be an Indiana Jones adventure. His 14-year-old cousin, who sometimes lives with us, got him hooked on the Indiana Jones computer game, and now he tries to dress up as Indiana, and do Indiana-ish type things. At any rate, I'm not real clear on what I can do to make his party "like an Indiana Jones Adventure", so I thought I'd get on the web and see what I could find. Would anyone help me out and take a few minutes to give me some ideas?
: So far, I've got special parchment type paper to run through my laser printer, which I'm going to use for the invitations. I've drawn out a "map" of our property which our house is on, with trees, the bank, the hill, driveway (the "road"), etc., to map out a plan for the partygoers to find their way to something . . . I'm not sure what . . . like a lost artifact, or whatever else someone who really understands the "Indy" stories can come up with. Any ideas, etc., would be very much appreciated. My little boy has an incredibly broad imagination, and I try to do the things he comes up with, because he enjoys so much creating his own little adventureous world sometimes. I'm not too concerned about the expense, although I would like to keep the total party expenses under $300, if possible. Again . . . I'd sure appreciate a couple of suggestions, or ideas, from someone like you who knows so much about Indiana Jones.

Being an Indy film fan since seeing Raiders released on screens. Well okay that's not a lot of help... but popping things out of my imagination. Items marked with an "*" are not nescessary, but may be interesting!

Portable Stereo*

Indy Soundtracks*

Plenty of ADULT neighboors to help (I'm a teacher and kids DO get messy when they're in a group I've noticed)

Woodsy area

Some cheap (toy?) Idol, Statue... something that an archeologist may go after, something dispensible

Quick map of Woodsy Area

Take these all together, maybe get the adults to dress as ruthless enemies, set them out in the woodsy area. Then using some sort of pedestal or something set the idol in the middle of the woods, maybe set the stereo not too far off, playing the raiders march, giving them an idea where the treasure may be hidden. Maybe lay out a few "traps" (think of those yourself, I'm not THAT creative), a few left over halloween skeletons (I'm sure Wal Mart has them pretty cheap since the holiday is over!). Then get the kids in a group, set them off to find the treasure, maybe get the (mature, responsible??) 14 yr old to go with them. I don't know make it up as you go really... but I thought of this spur of the moment... maybe give me a day and I could think of something really good, but unless you know where to get a good spooky cave, a thousand ton boulder, and a group of hovito warriors, then I can't offer much help :) good luck to you!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]