Once and for all...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on November 06, 2000 at 13:05:45:

In Reply to: The"complete" adventures posted by German Mechanic on November 06, 2000 at 12:42:51:

Hold on a second: You can't tell me that LUCAS oversees every single Star Wars/Indy related product or video release out there. I VERY much doubt he said, "I need a bigger house, let's re-release Star Wars." If he was that greedy he personally WOULD release all of the Young Indy videos and Star Wars/Indy DVD's, right away! There is no way you can make me believe that the guy is that greedy and is responsible for every product baring the Star Wars name (or every product not baring Indiana Jones I might add) For Christ's sake, his company has a licensing division and a marketing corporation. That's who puts all the crap out there, not him. He's not sitting in some Imperial drafting room drawing up plans for the newest bubble bath or something - he has PEOPLE in charge of these things. He's too busy making and revolutionizing film to care about that stuff.

As for games - face it. Star Wars is way more full of ideas than Indiana Jones for games. The Star Wars universe is huge; not so with Indy. How many times could they re-hash the "retrieving an artifact and saving the world" plot in a game before "we" started blaming Lucas for milking a franchise so he could have fillet mignon for dinner every night?

Finally - let me put it this way. Like I said, if Lucas was greedy we'd have Indy and Star Wars DVD's. The hard, cold truth is that he cares enough about those films to wait until he's good damn and ready to work on them. Besides, how come no one is ragging on Spielberg for this set of circumstances - he's obviously just as much in control of the release.

As a thought, consider this - We are blessed, not cursed for a lack of Indy material, Young Indy videos included. I for one don't want to see Indy's mug next to Jar Jar at every turn. I'd at least like to think some things are still sacred.

Just my thoughts,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: