Re: Hey, FEDORA...well said. I hear where you're coming from, and your response to my statement combined with the others on this topic have created a broader picture. Thanks, and keep the faith.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Spatsman from spider-mtc-tf043.proxy.aol.com on November 06, 2000 at 13:30:29:

In Reply to: Re: Umm..NO. I visited Peter Bros. in 1989, and had a brown high crown fedora made, like many people before me. You may take credit for the Forums intro, but plenty of people went to Joe Jr. for Indy-style hats LONG before this Forum existed. So, ease off the ego. posted by Fedora on November 06, 2000 at 01:03:36:

: : : I just visited the link you supplied in the post right before this one. You really need to research a little more before you make some of your statements. I have a contention with one. As good as Patterson is in his research, he did not discover the PB company or fedora. I did. I passed this by e-mail to Michaelson, who suggested that I post it on the forum. I didn't do it, so Michaelson did. Ask Joe Jr. who placed the first order. Me. But mine wasn't the first hat he mailed out, it was someone elses' Why? Simply because I insisted that he practice on a couple other orders, before he tackled mine. He honored this request. This should be no big deal, but I personally don't like credit being given where it isn't due. So if you want to be accurate on your web site, give the credit to me and Michaelson. I discovered it, and he told the folks here about it. Regards, Fedora

: I am well aware that you knew about this hatter prior to my knowledge. And someone knew about it before you, ad naseum. But as unimportant as it is, it was through me and Michaelson that the forum members became aware and purchased hats since then. And it is no big deal, really, and I am surprised that my admonition of untidy research has drawn the responses. Ego? Yes, everyone has one, unless you get into Zen and exterminate it. Or even Krishnamurti. This is not a case of an overblown ego, and if you took it that way, you simply made a mistake. I hate inaccuracies, maybe it is an ego trip, but I don't think so. That anyone would defend someone posting something false is beyond my understanding. Is it just too many years of having an overt liar as President? It' ok in the year 2000 to make false statements? Guess so. But not for me, now or ever. So the next time I see something I know to be false here or anywhere else, don't be surprised to see this ego bringing attention to it. Someone has got to. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]