Still playing myself, stuck at the river...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe D. from proxy2-external.omhaw1.ne.home.com on November 09, 2000 at 22:51:02:

In Reply to: I finally finished Infernal Machine! WOOHOO!!! posted by Goodsport on November 06, 2000 at 02:08:51:

:     It's funny how I'm getting all excited about having just finished Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine while everyone else here finished it some 10-11 months ago - especially since I bought it when it first came out last November (although I've had to work a lot since then). :o Still, considering how LucasArts seems to release a new Indiana Jones PC game once every several years, I'll savor the moment! ;)

:     I remember being angry at first when LucasArts released its third patch around February or March of this year... I had played about five or six levels of Infernal Machine already when I downloaded the patch. The readme file in the patch said that I had to start over since pre-patch saved games wouldn't work. It was a blessing in diguise, though, since it was around that time that I had upgraded my CPU (from a PII 400 to PIII 550) and video card. So where I had played at 1024x768 resolution with 16-bit color (two 12mb Voodoo2 cards running in tandem) before the patch, I got to play the same levels again at 1280x1024 resolution with 32-bit color (32mb GeForce Annihilator Pro). And yes, it made a huge difference! :)

:     Unfortunately, soon after completing the game (including the bonus Return to Peru level), I had to uninstall the whole game. It feels like having lost an old friend since that game was on my hard drive since I first installed it last November, but in the end I needed that extra 500mb of space for a new game (I installed Infernal Machine using full installation).

:     And to those who say that the game is like Tomb Raider - it's actually quite different, with more story and exploration mixed into the action. I hope that LucasArts comes out with a new Indy adventure soon... I'm starting to feel that Indy-withdrawal already! :D

:     Am I really the last person to have finished the game, or is someone else here still playing it?

:
: -G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: