Not just Christian archaeologists...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Junior Jones from pool-63.49.206.223.troy.grid.net on November 10, 2000 at 13:10:42:

In Reply to: Let me elaborate posted by Fedora on November 10, 2000 at 00:15:32:

: That statement came out all wrong! I am speaking here of a group of archaeologists that have already made their mind up that their particular belief systems are right. Starting from this assumption, they then search out artifacts, etc. that validates what is already the absolute truth to them. Scientific objectivity goes out the window.

Many scientists, especially paleontologists (sp?) who study fossils, base their research on assumptions they believe to be true. For example, fossils found near other fossils "obviously" are from the same era. Since we "know" that this dinosaur lived from this date to that date (How do we know?) it's evolutionary descendants must have lived...

As time goes on, some evidence that may (or should) cast doubts on an assumption is discounted because too many other reasonable assumptions have been made that are based on that first assumption.

I have read that too many scientists are busy producing their own research and don't spend enough time reviewing others' work and just take it at face value.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]