The writing in ROTLA

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on November 12, 2000 at 08:56:57:

Hey:
Seeing as how I agree with Canadiana that the forum has gone downhill, I'd like to start a forum thread regarding the writing of ROTLA and, in fact, all the Indiana Jones films.
It seems to me that this is perhaps one of the most clever, well conceived films of all time. The pacing of the story is incredible, with the most amazingly light touches to drive the story ahead. Think about it - within the first 15 minutes of the movie it is established that Indiana Jones is a treaure hunter who, in 1936 risks life and limb to obtain rare antiquities with the help of his trusty bull whip. He has an arch-rival and a fear of snakes. Bang, the whole movie is pratically given away right off the bat. Then, just as the audience is catching it's breath, we're given the major plot-exposition scene where Indy is presented with his quest to seek the Lost Ark of the Covenant. Man, that's good pacing. Not only that, but it gives the actors a lot to work with.
So, in my opinion, "Raiders" is the most well-written film of the trilogy for these reasons.
I know it's not politics, gussets or insults, but any thoughts?
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: