Re: A few words...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Heltsley from cx578781-b.escnd1.sdca.home.com on November 13, 2000 at 19:16:11:

In Reply to: A few words... posted by Patterson on November 13, 2000 at 16:12:10:

: : I've managed to obtain one of these jackets, and will be compiling a review comparing it as well as the Flight Suits, Wested, and US Wings jackets. Look for this to hit IndyGear soon.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

: I've been looking at this jacket, and feel the need to get a few tidbits out there. I do this primarily in light of the position I've taken on this particular jacket maker in the past. My assessment of US Authentic has been based on limited direct interaction on my part, though substantial feedback I've received from those who's opinions I give a lot of weight. Without getting into that in depth, here's my initial assessment of this jacket and the service I've received.

: First, the turn around time on this was incredible - order placed on Thursday morning, while the jacket shipped Friday afternoon. This was a custom job, and the attention to the needed alterations and the overall workmanship and detail are truly impressive. The only exception was the omission of hand warmer slits. I contacted US Authentic this morning, and they apologized for the error - offering to fix it at my convenience.

: I've given them a few other details they can tweak, but basically this looks like a Leather Concessionaires era Wested jacket ala Adventurer Outfitters/Lee Keppler. Hey Lee - did you sell this guy a jacket back in 1987? Again, the workmanship is very nice. I think my favorite part of this jacket is the leather ? ?vintage goatskin?. According to US Authentic, the stuff is actually 40 years old. I believe it - it has a lot of character, and some nice scratches built in.

: Anyway, a nice jacket that shows real promise in a world of growing alternatives.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Do you have any pics that you could post, or a link to their web site?

Thanks!

- John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: