Uh...I beg to differ...(sheepish grin)....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on November 13, 2000 at 21:36:11:

In Reply to: Okay guys, this is getting weird! posted by graml on November 13, 2000 at 16:22:39:

I saw a special effects program about the time of the middle of the second season, and the woman who worked on the show talked about the scene (I forget in which episode) where Y.Indy and Erny Hemingway are watching the funeral of some gangster...oh wait....I think it's mystery of the blues....anyway, they see the young Al Capone...during this scene, she talks about how they were on the Backlot, and that they had to digitally widen the street, and add the BG of all of the period cars driving by. I think it was an episode of Movie Magic...used to be on the Learning channel, or Discovery channel.....something...
ALSO,
Back when Dennis Miller had a prime-time show, al la Arsenio, he had Sean P Flannery on, and SPF said that they did alot on backlots, and that alot of the BG stuff was digital. But he ALSO said that he'd just gotten back from spending a year in Prague.
And every other word he called Miller "Daddy". Go figure.

Indiana Jimmie

: I'd say most of it was filmed on location. One of the critics' major complaints against YIJC (and they had plenty, for some odd reason) was that each episode's budget exceeded...*dramatic pause*...one million dollars! And its not like they were spending that much money on Flannery's trailer. My vote goes with mostly location shots. You can't create scenery like that on a backlot.
: -graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]