There's a slim chance of that happening...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from PPPa53-ResaleFtLauderdale2-3R7293.saturn.bbn.com on November 14, 2000 at 19:41:58:

In Reply to: Re: I really have the sneaking suspicion... posted by Katanga on November 14, 2000 at 14:33:28:

Before the Special Edition there was the 20'th Anniversary, remastered and everything to at least be watchable. Then there came the special edition to add to the already cleaned up trilogy. SO Indy might go under a Special Edition, but it might not go under yet another release after that, unless another Indy movie comes out which I doubt it(The trilogy) would still be re-released.

After TPM came out it made up a new sleeve and everything, but the others didn't match so they made up yet ANOTHER sleeve/box and put different interviews in the beginning so they could promote the in-the-making Episode II and have everything match up with TPM's feel.

They'll probably do the same with episodes II and III as well, but then after that they'll probably not do it again until a bazillion years later when it hits another decade years-old.

But with Indy they might release an SE and change the boxes/sleeves, add interviews and all, but there's a slim chance of that happening. And if they do I doubt they'd change the boxes THAT much(They might just have different text on the bottom saying "Special Edition) because if they do they'd have to change the boxes/sleeves on Young Indy(Even though they have the same interviews) and it'll of course be too much and too pointless. As in it wouldn't be neccessary.

And if they do, I doubt they'd release it any more after that. Because if they make an Indy IV I'm sure they'd not go through all the trouble to make original trilogy and the YIJ feel to fit the Indy IV feel. They'd probably just make the box of Indy IV yellow and have all the introductions the others had to match the trilogy instead of the other way around.

Why would they do that with Star Wars and not Indy though, might you ask? Well because Star Wars takes place in another time and galaxy where we haven't seen everything, so the feel of the movie could change more drastically than Indy could and feel more "Updated" with our knowledge of the fictional universe. Take ANH for example, that had such a claustrophobic feel yet was updated with the SE because it wanted to add to a fictional galaxy with no true-to-life history like ours, so Indy will always remain the same except history is turned around a slight bit, but it's the same history and not a made up one.
The yellow sleeves and boxes were made to match eachother and YIJ and not to "Update" itself like SW. So Indy IV will have a different feel, but it won't be discovering a new depth of time and history which was made up entirely(Note I said "entirely") and is %100 fiction.

I know, it's mindless rambling and goes too ahead of the current situation, but I just had to get that off my chest. My two cents(Including tax), Shorty.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]