Re: There is only one Indy hat, the Peters Bros. stop farting around and spend the money. You'll never need another hat.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn003b-p4-175.cybertours.com on November 14, 2000 at 20:43:32:

In Reply to: There is only one Indy hat, the Peters Bros. stop farting around and spend the money. You'll never need another hat. posted by Shawnkara on November 14, 2000 at 01:23:51:

Actually, there is only one Indy Hat, and THAT hat is the Herbert Johnson Poet. Like it or not folks, all of them were the Herbert Johnson fedoras. The Peters Brothers hats only LOOK like the Indy Hat. If you're going for a lower priced hat that LOOKS like the Indy hat, go with the Peters Brothers one. I'm told it's nice and you won't be disappointed. If you want the authentic hat (meaning the same make and model of the film hats), go with a Herbert Johnson. If you can't afford either, than go with whatever YOU decide looks good. This has been a stance of mine from the very beginning of this hobby. Buy what makes you happy-not what other people tell you to buy. Some don't like the looks of the HJ hat. They've chosen to look elsewhere. Some think the lower priced Millers and Stetsons look fine. That's cool too! Just my two cents...

Greg (2 HJ owner).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]