Re: Indy figures et al

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on November 15, 2000 at 00:21:16:

In Reply to: Indy figures et al posted by Donovan on November 14, 2000 at 21:46:21:

Good question - sorry but I have a long-winded answer.
I initially saw the TV spot for the 12" Indy doll when I was a kid (the one where he's tossed down into a pit of worms) and salavated over that doll for damn near 20 years - y'see, I'm in Canada and we just DID NOT get Indy toys up here.
I went on a vacation to Vermont in 1984, when "Temple of Doom" first came out (I was 11) and lo and behold - the 3 3/4" "Raiders" figures were in clearance bins...but no Indy, much less a 12" one. So my folks bought me Indy in German disguise, Toht, and Sallah. On a side not I also got the Lone Ranger figure that came with Silver, the same horse mold Kenner used for the Arabian horse in the Indy line.
So for 14 years these were the only Indy figures I had - until I discovered the internet. I managed to get 2 Indiana Jones figures, a Marion (with monkey!), the truck, the map room playset, and the Well of Souls playset. Man, was I in heaven.
But the best part is this - I managed to score a 12" complete, mint Indy doll and my childhood dreams were realized.
I know that the Toys McCoy Indy is superior beyond any shadow of a doubt, and I know that the doll is just a recyceld Han Solo figure, but when I look at his vinyl leather jacket and lopsided felt hat, it makes me smile because, yeah, that's what it's all about.
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: