Mildly Interesting blooper in Last Crusade (call me picky)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-tq013.proxy.aol.com on November 15, 2000 at 19:29:18:

I was just watching Last Crusade while enjoying a quick dinner when I noticed something that had previously eluded my attention. In the scene where Indy and his dad confront Vogel and Elsa in the castle, you know the scene where Vogel has his luger pressed up against Elsa's neck, Indy is toting a German MP-38 submachine gun (or an MP-40...I leave this debate up to the true gun buffs here, I only say MP-38 because it fits with the year in the film). Now, both the MP-38 and the MP-40 are blow-back, fully automatic submachine guns. If Indyhad fired at the German guards a few minutes before the bolt on the gun would not be in the forward position...unless it was empty...and I doubt he emptied an entire 32 round magazine that quick. The bolt should still be back, waiting for pressure applied to the trigger to release it and drive the next round intothechamber.
You can see this in the scene where he slides the gun across the table. Call me picky...but if that gun still has any rounds left itwouldn't look like that. Anybody else ever catch that? Just curious...
-GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]