Well...in my case....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on November 16, 2000 at 03:19:58:

In Reply to: Since you're nitpicking... posted by Sean on November 15, 2000 at 22:17:19:

It's not a case of does/doesn't diminish.....I hold a degree in film and video, with a specialization in film dated before 1950. I was TRAINED to see these sorts of things....and while I TRY not to, it sometimes just happens. At least to me. I have pretty much trained myself into being able to NOT spot any of the 'flubs' on the first viewing of a film....but subsequent watchings ALWAYS find me tearing it apart. Not for fun, but from the standpoint of a student.
Also, I work loooong nights, and all I have to keep me company is my trusty laptop, and my vcd copies of the Indy films, among others. I get bored, and I start to scrutinize the BG's, etc, and I see stuff. See other posts' by me below for examples.
And sometimes, it's just plain FUN. hehe.....

And one more thing.....it's these flubs that teach us one very important thing...Spielberg and Lucas are HUMAN. The people they employ are HUMAN. They are as prone to mistakes as we are.

Thanks for listening...just my 2 cents.

Indiana Jimmie

: Not to put too fine a point on it, but the artificiality of movies do not constitute "bloopers."
: While I'm on the subject, North American society seems obsessed with finding "what's wrong" in movies. It's gone to the point where I've seen "critics" pointing out film errors that don't even exist. There's a movie "blooper" book that says that in "Raiders" Indiana Jones says that the ark is on Mount Arrarat (sp?) which, as we know, is the supposed resting place of...Noah's ark. Well, the problem is, that Indy doesn't say that in the film at all.
: I guess I'd like to know from the forum members that are obsessed with finding "bloopers" in the Indy films what they get out of it? Does your enjoyment of the films diminish with each frame you examine? Does your enjoyment of film rest solely on the ability to pick out "mistakes?" I'm curious, because I see a lot of people criticizing, but not a whole lot of people doing any better.
: Just my 2...well more like 10, cents worth.
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]