Re: Well...in my case....Part 2...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on November 16, 2000 at 14:52:18:

In Reply to: Re: Well...in my case.... posted by Sean on November 16, 2000 at 08:35:12:

Hey Sean (Good strong Irish name, that!)

Yeah, I'm with ya now....usually I see the continuity stuff....example : Marion holding, then NOT holding, then holding again the headpiece...or in Jedi, as Lando is taking the Falcon from Han, the strap over his shoulder changes sides, meaning that they reversed the shot to try to preserve the fact that the Falcon was established as being on the right side of the screen....that sort of stuff...
I have been, as I said earlier, checking out more BG stuff these days, as I have never paid much attention o these in the Indy films.
Good luck in your film studies. There were some hard times for me (The instructor WAS NOT human, I swear!), but it was ALL rewarding.
I 'specialized' in early film...mostly art stuff and noir film.
Hey, kinda off topic, but you should, as a student if for nothing else, check out the recent dvd releases of the first 7 eps of The Prisoner...if you haven't already. THAT was film making!!
Later,
Indiana Jimmie

: Hi Jimmie:
: I see your points, but I'd like to know, do you work in film continuity? I'm working towards a degree in film and video right now, but I didn't think "that bookcase looks fake," or "Harrison's lips are moving in that scene," were part of deconstructing a film. I know how snotty this sounds and I apologize, I'm not trying to be difficult. For me, the practice of finding so-called mistakes in film (which a fake bookcase is NOT) is mean-spirited in a sense. Usually the forum members who post these "mistakes" use a very negative tone, which leads me to believe they are knocking the films for their artificiality. My point it, of course there will be fake bookcases etc...film is fake, an illusion. I just don't understand how finding flaws can contribute to enjoyment of a film. It's not like the fake bookcases etc...contribute thematically to the film's mise en scene or anything. Furthermore, 90% of the "errors" people point out here aren't really errors at all. Or bloopers. Or mistakes. I think I'm in the minority here though!
: Please respond.
: Cheers,
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: