Re: Peters Bros. fedora info....feedback wanted

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-18.col.cableone.net on November 16, 2000 at 17:11:13:

In Reply to: Re: Peters Bros. fedora info....feedback wanted posted by Bo on November 16, 2000 at 11:41:52:

: : Ok...I haven't posted here in quite some time...and now I return and hear all this hub-bub about the Peters Brothers hat. Well, after visiting Indy Gear and the Peter Bros. site...I found myself fascinated with this new offering. Would anyone who owns one of these hats care to comment on it's quality compared to other hats (i.e. Stetson Temple, Indiana Miller). I own both the Temple and the Miller, and while I like the Stetson just fine, I am plagued by it's imperfections. I bought the Miller hoping for a good Raiders like hat...and while I was pleased with the taller crown...the wide ribbon still and the lack of a dimensional cut bother me. That and the fact that my miller was exposed to a light rain...dried naturally, and SHRANK! It's minor...but to a hardcore hat-fan like myself...it's noticable. Is the Peters worth the extra cash? It sure looks it...thanks ahead for any help!
: : -GCR

: The Peters Bros. is a very nice hat and Joe Jr. cuts and shapes it exactly to your specifications. It could only be improved upon by making it of 20X beaver which would jack the price up to around $400 or thereabouts.
: You wouldn't be disappointed.

: Bo

I will have to agree with you on wanting a bit more beaver fur in this hat. Not that there is anything wrong with his current blend, I just happen to like the ultimate felt. I think in the future PB may offer a felt with more of the beaver fur in it. That is, if he has enough requests. Again, nothing wrong with the rabbit felt, but it is on the low end of the totem pole in regards to quality. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]