Sounds like a good theory to me.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0462.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on November 16, 2000 at 17:19:34:

In Reply to: Well... posted by Aaron on November 16, 2000 at 16:57:19:

Not that you're nuts, that is! ;) To have the X obscured by a refracting top layer sounds feasible and interesting. If that was the filmmakers' intent, then I believe that they should have invested a bit more effort into making it more obvious (Indy crouching on the floor, peaking through the floor at different angles...). Anyway, it still doesn't explain why the design of the X actually changes...
FG

: Take a look at some of the floor-level shots [not the bird's-eyes]. Maybe I'm nuts, but I swear that there is the slightest hint of an X visible, though it looks entirely green from that level.

: I think that we are supposed to believe that the floor around the X is a specially selected type of stone that lightens from a different angle. Perhaps there are two layers of stone around the X; the top layer, a transparant quartz-like stone with a green tint, and under it, a whiter layer? It kinda reminds me of that Icelandic quartz that makes objects appear double because of the angles that it makes...

: I dunno. What do you think? I really think I see a little bit of X on the ground level as well.

: Aaron
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: