Please allow me my two cents on this....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on November 16, 2000 at 18:22:53:

In Reply to: MAJOR DEBUNKING OF THE SO CALLED BLOOPER posted by Sean on November 16, 2000 at 11:39:34:

Having just watched LC again - actually stopping right after the scene you're talking about - I paid careful attention to the floor (as well as the false bookcase - hehe)...

Indiana Sam - you said that the X was black...it is, in fact, a darker green. The floor APPEARS white from the shot on the stairs, when it appears to me to be a lighter green/greyish-green. This is on a 32" high definition TV, 4 head vcr source.
When Indy crouches to inspect the floor, the crossing of the X is visible, although barely discernable from the rest of the floor around it (the crack he blows the dust from is to one side of the crossing of the X). Perhaps this is a good example of trying to match colors of a scene shot in a studio with those on a location. No way would they let ANYONE tear up a floor. At any rate, I believe that you were semi-right...as is Sean.

BTW...you asked why Indy simply didn't just look down while STANDING on the X...he DOES...that is how he notices it.....the climbing of the stairs is presented as his way of 'making sure', so to speak, but more for dramatic purposes, I expect.

I hope I didn't come off as harsh, or anything, and I hope this helped to clear things up a bit.

Indiana Jimmie

"Look around for the ten..."

: : In the scene in the library in Venice, when Indy finds the "X" on the floor -- take a close look at the floor when he climbs the staircase. Its a black "X" is on a white background with a green border. And the "X" covers almost the ENTIRE FLOOR.

: : When he gets back down and begins hitting the floor with the metal stand -- THE "X" DISAPPEARS!!! Look closely. All that remains is a green floor.

: : Anyone else notice this?

: Yeah - not a blooper though. It's the angle of the shot that doesn't allow the "X" to be fully seen. The catacomb's entrance is supposed to be hidden which is why Indy et al go through the whole process of solving the "riddle" that Henry has penned on the piece of paper. If everyone could see the "X" from floor level, the catacomb wouldn't be hidden now, would it?
: Cheers.
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: