Four Leaf Clover ZIPPO Update

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from 1Cust168.tnt1.tampa.fl.gt.uu.net on August 28, 1998 at 13:29:05:

For those of you who have been following my search for the Four Leaf Clover Zippo lighter as used by Elsa and Indy in Last Crusade here is an update:

I finally got word back from Zippo. After waiting as long as we all have, I get news that there is a pending copyright on that design. I made a big stink about a four leaf clover being public domain, but they didn't care.

So... I found out who holds the copyright. And believe it or not, it's not Lucasfilms. It's simply held by a Zippo distributor. Luckily, since I'm a Zippo dealer, I can get them from the distributor directly.

Now, the only couple of bits of bad news is this: I'm still not sure what the price is going to be, but I'm almost certain that it's going to be higher than I had anticipated. I'm still going to try and keep it under $35 if I can, but I can't promise anything.

Next, since I have to set up an account with this other distributor, it may take up to a month before I get the lighters. But, hold fast, we will get them! Trust me.

If you haven't received an update by e-mail or would like to be included in future mailing for updates please e-mail me at the above address. I'm still not taking any advance orders. Once I get a set price and date for arrival I'll let everyone know.

Thanks,
Indy

P.S. I do have a good picture of the lighter that I can e-mail you if you like. Send your e-mail address to me at indy_magnoli@yahoo.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]