OK, Sean, here's your answer.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-wa024.proxy.aol.com on November 17, 2000 at 03:25:51:

In Reply to: Since you're nitpicking... posted by Sean on November 15, 2000 at 22:17:19:

I agree with your point that some people have no grasp of the term 'blooper'. But I don't think anyone is meaning to 'pick apart' or criticize the films. I, too, love spotting bloopers in films. It's not people are looking for them, it's just fun to point them out when spotted by chance. It's informative in a fun way, like trivia. Or maybe what some people are saying is, "I found this, so I was paying closer attention", or "I was paying closer attention, so I must like the films more and, therefore, am a bigger fan." Maybe that's a bit deep for this point, but competition and 'besting' others is human nature. I've been watching the Indy films for twenty years, have worn out three copies of "Raiders", and I STILL see things in it from time to time that I've never noticed before. I was discussing whips with some of the guys here and someone pointed out that when Satipo picks up the whip in the temple it has no wrist loop. I've never noticed that. When Indy is drinking with the monkey in Cairo a guy walks by in the background wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I never noticed that until someone else pointed it out. It all fits with the gathering of knowledge, an important part of the fascination with any given subject. Just ask any Trekkie; "He who dies with the most useless trivia, wins".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]