Re: S&W in Raiders Plane Fight Scene....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from 208.48.35.130 on November 17, 2000 at 15:01:19:

In Reply to: S&W in Raiders Plane Fight Scene.... posted by Indydawg on November 17, 2000 at 14:21:07:

: Ok, here is one that may not have been up on the forum before...

: I was watching Raiders last night (imagine that;-), and it was late...I was sitting up with my 3 week old daughter and she wouldn't go to sleep...but that is another story! Anyway, it got to the fight scene where Indy is at the plane to stop it from taking off with the Ark. Towards the end of the scene, he loses his gun and picks it back up after the big bald Nazi gets splattered all over the plane. When he gets up on the plane to get Marion out, he has to shoot the lock on the cockpit. Here is my observation....the sights on the front of the gun are NOT consistent with what the sights of a S&W HE2 1917 would be. The look more like the sights on the front of a MUCH newer Smith...they actually look like the sights on the front of Dirty Harry's .44, so my question is...has anyone else noticed this? Was there another, as yet unknown, version of Indy's revolvers used in the movies? Just a little wrinkle that I wasn't sure anyone had noticed yet....

: Later...
: CNK

I think it would make sense that the sight was different since the barrel was cut down. There were at least two different revolvers used by Indy in the film. At IndyGear, you can see a pic of one of the revolvers with a cutdown barrel and a non-standard front sight.

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]