Ya know, that same thing was bugging me too. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Andrew Jones from 2Cust211.tnt1.san-francisco3.ca.da.uu.net on November 18, 2000 at 21:05:42:

In Reply to: Nagging questions that never go away. posted by MK on November 18, 2000 at 19:42:21:

: Ribbons. Hear me out and tell me your thoughts. It is fairly well excepted in our group that the original ribbon on the HJ hats is no longer made, but the Petersham is the best thing going. I had one put on my Miller and I must say I have never been satisfied with the color. I don't know if I was sent the wrong Petersham, but in my opinion this is a poor substitute. (You guys know I am very pick when it comes to color) Lighting and filmstock play a huge part in the way color is seen. For example: The idol scene pics the ribbon looks black. When Indy is fighting to find Keran Allen it looks brown. But there always is a good contrast from the hat.
:
: The Petersham ribbon mailed to me is not that much darker then the hat. I spent some time at my local hat shop and have come up with some info I will share. Check out the these ribbons:
:
: The bottom one is the Petersham. The top one is black. The one in the middle looks to be the correct color to my eyes. Unfortunately the store did not have a 1 1/2" version. I am having them contact their vender to see they can get it. In the mean time, I had a black ribbon put on. With the old one it looks too much like a cowboy hat. Now I it looks like a fedora:-)
:
: Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]