Some cool LC facts, and an anti-Indy athiesm(forgive me Indiana!)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Coil from pm6-29.northlink.com on November 19, 2000 at 23:46:30:

Some cool facts I found out from Indy-Web.com:

1. Julian Glover, who as we all know played Donovan on LC, played General Veers on the Empire Strikes Back

2. The uncredited man who played Hitler on LC played Admiral Ozzel on ESB.

3. the character "Fedora" as he was named in the credits, was originally named Abner Ravenwood, sound familiar? Yes! He is Marion Ravenwood's father and Indiana's mentor....that explains the outfit...My guess is, is that after Indy almost thwarted his attempt at getting the cross of Coronado, Abner realized the kid's potential, and utilizing Indy's already pretty advanced knowledge in archeology, taught him the rest he needed to know

And now for my Atheism.......it's not much but these just don't add up

1. When Indy climbs aboard the U-boat in ROTLA, it shows the thing beginning to dive, problem is, how does Indy stay on it? If he managed to pry the hach open and sneak inside before it fully submerges, he's have about 30 Luger barrels up his left nostril as soon as he got down the ladder, my theory is that he must have snuk(sp?) in and ducked behind some pipes (imagine this. hatch closes, scene cuts to a scene of a small hallway below the hatch and a lone Nazi soldier slowly walking down it. From the darkly lit notch where the hatch ladder is, you hear a whistle as the nazi walks past, the soldier stops, looks over curiously, and goes to investigate, you hear a random punch sound, then silence. Next here comes Indy going across the hallway to a space behind some pipes, dragging the soldier with him and looking around frantically. There he hides until the ship gets to the island destination, periodically punching the Nazi sailor when he wakes up.

2. In LC, when Indy dives into the petroleum to look for an exit, he comes up all fine and dandy. Question is, wouldn't this hurt like hell? I don't know about anyone else but I've always heard getting any gasoline like (for instance raw petroleum)substance in your eyes hurts like someone shoved a flaming q-tip in your eyeball

Anyone care to debate?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]