Ian Fleming when hearing of Connery doing the Bond role was appalled! He didn't fit with the image that Fleming had of his hero.(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.27.236 on November 20, 2000 at 00:30:31:

In Reply to: WARNING: By reading this you could be disenfranchised. posted by MK on November 19, 2000 at 15:05:11:

: The Mummy (remake) is a poor man's Raiders. It is not as good a movie as the original with Karloff, but it is more fun. The attempt to make goofy Brandon into a tough guy were moderately successful, but I would have liked to have seen someone more believable in the role. Film makers seem reluctant to cast a real man's man these days. James Bond is a good example: It is plausible Sean could do the deed. All the other guys are no match. Chris Reeves as Superman, Michael Keaton as Batman....This is the trend. They would rather have what I call "80's men" (I am dating myself here). This was best explained in the first (and best)Lethal Weapon:

: Man at the office: You know, Roger, you are way behind the times. The guys of the 80s aren't though. They are sensitive people. Show a little emotion to a woman and shit like that. I think I'm an 80's...
: Roger Murtaugh: How do you figure?
: Man at the office: Last night I cried in bed. So how is that?
: Roger Murtaugh: Were you with a woman?
: Man at the office: I was alone. Why do you think I cried?
: Roger Murtaugh: Sounds like an 80's man to me...
: (LOVE that movie!)

: There reluctant to cast masculine men. This is Not alot of John Wayne types getting leading roles:-(

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]