Re: INDY COMICS-darkhorse

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from 136.244.1.148 on August 29, 1998 at 09:05:28:

In Reply to: Re: INDY COMICS-darkhorse posted by Michaelson on August 26, 1998 at 15:01:48:

: : Hello everybody,

: : I have just found this forum and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
: : Down to business: CAN ANYONE TELL ME, OR DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FAINTEST IDEA WHEN DARKHORSE COMICS PLANS ON RELEASING ANOTHER INDY MINI-SERIES?

: : It has been quite a while since 'Indiana Jones and the Sargasso Pirates' of early 1996. These comics are worth buying if not just only for the cover art, especially that of Hugh Fleming

: It has been my understanding that Dark Horse is no longer involved in developing anymore Indy comics. Is this true anyone? Regards. Michaelson

As I understand the situation, Dark Horse still holds the license to create new Indiana Jones comics; it's part of the package deal with LucasFilm that gives them Star Wars. BUT, they choose not to use that license because sales were too low on their last several Indy series, and they feel it's not cost-effective to pay writers and artists and production costs for Indy. :( Somebody please correct me if you know otherwise. I have one small hope, though: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe DH will produce a new Indy series as a companion to the new LucasArts computer game, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, like they did for Fate of Atlantis. I hope, I hope, I hope...
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]