Re: PB hat..more questions than answers...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Adrian from p3E991B02.dip.t-dialin.net on November 22, 2000 at 11:05:56:

In Reply to: PB hat..more questions than answers... posted by Indydawg on November 22, 2000 at 07:04:43:

: Well now, I have to say, like "Obtainer" did yesterday, that PB is the greatest when it comes to customer service...except when Joe Jr. is out of town! Then you have a problem...here's mine..

: I got my PB hat yesterday...and it is great! It was made as a hybrid Raiders/LC hat...actual "snap" brim like in LC, but with the high hard pinch in the front like in Raiders...and like "Obtainer" says...it is STIIIIIIIIFF. True wonderful example of great craftmanship...so, what is the problem you ask?

: When I took it out of the box, I said to myself "DAYUM this hat is TALL"! Sure enough, when I put it on, it kind of stood WAY up on my head, unlike any other hat had ever fit me...now before you get all snide and snicker at me...yes, I understood that the Indy hat was a tall hat! And maybe it is just my having to compare it to nothing but baseball caps around my house. But is still just seems really TALL...I called PB to talk to Joe Jr. about it, but he was already gone, not to be back until Dec. 20. Joe Sr. said if I had that much problem with it, I should send it back and send Joe Jr. and email about it. I don't really WANT to send it back if this is something i can "fix" myself (i.e. bashing in the crown a little bit more..there is a bit of room between the "bash" and the top of my head when I put the hat on)...so my question is...what do I do? Should I try to bash it a little more? Should I just not worry about it because I am being too picky? Patterson, Fedora, John, Abner.....this one is especially for you guys...Michaelson said to ask you!!!!

: Thanks!
: Indydawg

How high is your hat? With a heavier bashing the crown could become lower but the sidewalls will become tapered. In Raiders you can see how high this hat is, I think it is better to have a tall untapered hat than a low tapered hat? You could probably get more help if post some pictures of your hat.
On my site I have some hat pictures from the movies, these pictures could help to bash your hat.

Hope this could help,
Indiana Adrian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: