It isn't that I don't want to see another Indy movie...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cochise from sdn-ar-003vannewP303.dialsprint.net on November 23, 2000 at 10:25:12:

But does anyone else feel that we may be setting ourselves up for a let down? I was very happy with Last Crusade back in '89, and granted, I'd support a fourth Indy movie 'til the day I die (just call me a yellow dog Indyfan!), but I would rather not tamper with "perfection". My greatest fear is seeing a movie in which Indy seemed a tad slower, a tad older and a tad sadder than in previous films. Maybe a fourth Indy movie should focus on Indy realizing that he's not a young man anymore, and that he can't go swinging from a whip and outrunning huge boulders every ten minutes. But that would hardly be a fitting end to a franchise based on those old 30s serials; no one wants to see an older, paunchier Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon saying "Ah, hell with this. I'm too damned old to keep saving the world!". I think I'd rather just see Indy end his days riding off into the sunset with his father and Sallah. Sorry for rambling, folks. Any feedback would be appreciated.
-Cochise
PS Happy turkey day!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: