Re: It isn't that I don't want to see another Indy movie...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reggie from spider-wi011.proxy.aol.com on November 23, 2000 at 11:37:21:

In Reply to: It isn't that I don't want to see another Indy movie... posted by Cochise on November 23, 2000 at 10:25:12:

: But does anyone else feel that we may be setting ourselves up for a let down? I was very happy with Last Crusade back in '89, and granted, I'd support a fourth Indy movie 'til the day I die (just call me a yellow dog Indyfan!), but I would rather not tamper with "perfection". My greatest fear is seeing a movie in which Indy seemed a tad slower, a tad older and a tad sadder than in previous films. Maybe a fourth Indy movie should focus on Indy realizing that he's not a young man anymore, and that he can't go swinging from a whip and outrunning huge boulders every ten minutes. But that would hardly be a fitting end to a franchise based on those old 30s serials; no one wants to see an older, paunchier Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon saying "Ah, hell with this. I'm too damned old to keep saving the world!". I think I'd rather just see Indy end his days riding off into the sunset with his father and Sallah. Sorry for rambling, folks. Any feedback would be appreciated.
: -Cochise
: PS Happy turkey day!

Well I think that having Indy realize he's too old would bring out the charecter even more. The movie wouldn't just be Indy sitting in front of a TV and feeling sory for himself. (It would take place in the 1950's so there's TV.) What scares me is that the movie would not be as good as the others. Not because Ford/Indy would be old, its just that it would be cheap and full of computer animated crap. I'd rather see models and know their models than see computer generated stuff that everyone can tell is computer generated. I'm afraid it would feel slapped together like Star Wars Ep.I. (But it took them 10+ years to pull Indy4 off with no anouncements or results yet so why would it be?)
-Reggie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]