Re: Six Days..lost scene?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on August 29, 1998 at 13:28:23:

In Reply to: Six Days..lost scene? posted by Krede on August 28, 1998 at 13:37:59:

: Hi,
: I know this forum is for Indy related stuff only but
: I couldnīt help noticing that some of the regulars here thought
: that Harrisonīs latest movie "Six days seven nights" was a good film.
: So did I when I saw it recently, but before I saw the film I downloaded a snak preview from the net. In that preview you can see
: Ford jumping up from behind a big rock and pulling a bad guy over his shoulder into a roaring waterfall.. but that wasnīt in the movie.
: I thought "oh no have they cut it out for theaters overseas?"
: I would be grateful if somebody could tell me if this piece was missing in the US aswell.
: Best regards,
: Krede

Krede, it's fairly common for a movie trailer to contain scenes that end up cut from the final version of the film, since trailers are made from the rough cut rather than the completed reel. A good example is an early American trailer for the Empire Strikes Back, which was shown in 1980. The trailer contained a small bit from a scene that never made the film-C3PO removing a sign from a door in Hoth to through off the snowtroopers from the chase, as 3PO, Han, and Leia made their escape. The trailer also had a closeup shot of Lando that wasn't in the film (apparently this was an alternate pickup shot to what was used in the final release). Stuff like this happens all the time; you don't have to worry about missing anything or being deprived of the whole story.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]