Re: It isn't that I don't want to see another Indy movie...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-ta025.proxy.aol.com on November 23, 2000 at 16:00:45:

In Reply to: It isn't that I don't want to see another Indy movie... posted by Cochise on November 23, 2000 at 10:25:12:

I'd have to agree with your points, but for different reasons. Here comes the blasphemy. I've been a die hard fan since age seven, but I hated "Last Crusade". Yep; I think it flat out sucks. It should have been an episode of the Three Stooges rather than an Indy film. It took a hard-as-nails character and turned him into a buffoon. The placement and the timing of the comedic moments in the Indy films is, to me, part of the genius of the way they're written. Indy shooting the swordsman was damn funny, but not dwelled upon. Same with Marion mistaking his whip for a snake and burning him. How many times have we seen a hero knock a guy out, take his clothes and they fit perfectly? When Indy did it the shirt didn't fit. Classic! I realize that In LC Indy was often just the victim of his Father's goofiness, but they took it way too far. Another point is Marcus. I always saw Brody as a reserved, stately gentleman, as the Brittish often are. LC made him into a TOTAL ASS! Sallah was the only character that remained true. As a writer myself I fully understand and defend the importance of expanding a character, but it is a journey to be taken in moderation and with great consideration as to what made the character great in the first place.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]