Re: Last Crusade- The Action Game

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BMan from ppp2-23.ruralnet.net on August 29, 1998 at 13:47:09:

In Reply to: Re: Last Crusade- The Action Game posted by Sakis on August 29, 1998 at 08:31:16:

: Let me know when the game is installed.
: Sakis

I'm having trouble installing the game. Of the three floppies, only one can be read by my drive. I need to take the others to another machine and try there.

For info, the directions come on a fake newspaper called the Byzantine Crusader. It's date May 25th, 1938 and has a picture of Henry on the front page with an article about his search, and an article be Marcus Brody on the 6 degrees of the grail quest.

Here's the description of the game that I retyped from the Byzantine Crusader. It may be the best I can do to give you a feel for the game- I may never get the thing to load.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is an exciting multi-level game in which you control Indy in his search for various artifacts. There is an important artifact on each level. The objective of the game is to fight your way through each level and collect the artifact. Once the artifact is collected, then you need to fight your way to the end of the level.

Each level presents a different challenge and tasks. On level 1 you need to collect the Cross of Coronado but remember to collect the torches or it will get dark and difficult to see your way around the caves. Once you have the cross you need to escape over the top of the train.

Level 2 takes you deep within the catacombs. When the catacombs were built, secret archways were constructed to hinder false searchers. Presented with 6 arches, the true searcher finds the correct arch and continues on his search. The false searcher unable to choose the right arch is doomed to wander the catacombs in vain, unable to find the Crusader's Shield that lies there. When beginning this level you will see the arches, and above each arch is a coded heiroglyphic. These change daily and the date is shown above the arches. To find the correct arch, look up the date on the grid shown on the back page of the Byzantine Crusader and enter through the arch that matches the code you find. Once you have found the shield, you need to scale the castle wall, but beware the lightning.

Level 3 and the game moves into the airship. Search for the Grail Diary that Indy's father has lost there. Be careful to pick up the passes as you move. They are made of flimsy paper and fall apart after a short time. If Indy does not have a pass the alarm will be raised, making your task more difficult.

And finally to Level 4. Dr. Jones, Sr. has been shot and his only hope is that Indy can get to the Holy Grail in time. With dad's heart gradually turning to stone, you must guide Indy quickly, but safely past the traps set by the Crusade Knights. Time is your enemy and only the brave will make it in time.

I'll repost, if I make any progress.

BMan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: