Re: Need a rain fedora?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.26.209 on November 25, 2000 at 20:11:30:

In Reply to: Re: Need a rain fedora? posted by JuggleEwo on November 25, 2000 at 12:43:36:

: Once again I'll have to show my undying support for the PB hat here. :) Anyhow, I was a bit worried about spending so much on a hat, as my previous one (yes... the Jawa Trader) went through much abuse in its short life, always looking the worse for wear. I've had my PB for a couple months now, and it's been crushed repeatedly, not to mention soaked by rain and beaten around by wind on several occasions. I let it dry, brush any dirt off, and it's always as good as new. I'm seriously starting to think this hat IS bulletproof... but don't worry, I don't plan on testing THAT theory any time soon!

Yep, I am a PB fan as well. Trouble is, I can't bring myself to abuse it due to the price. On the other hand, the Campdraft is identical to the Miller, and a much tougher hat all around. Plus, check your sweatband and tell me how much gold is left on it after two months. My wore off pretty quickly on my PBs, as well as the Miller, and the Stetsons and the GW fedora. Many folks her claim that their Millers don't shrink. Must be the humidity down here in Mississippi, because mine sure do. But my Stetsons did too. The PBs don't have this problem, at least from steam, as I have not allowed them to get soaked as of yet. The GW has been wet a couple of times in the past, though not intentionally, and it hasn't shrunk. But the biggest thing that the Campdraft has going for it is the quality inherit in this Australian made hat, and for only 51.00. I don't know of any other place on earth that you can buy a hat of this caliber for the price. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]