Re: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pennywise from dial165.insolwwb.net on November 26, 2000 at 01:06:13:

In Reply to: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously? posted by Indy Coil on November 26, 2000 at 00:19:40:

: Ok, for those who don't know, I'm 15. A sophmore in high school is very idealistic, and very stubborn about things. I told a select group of my friends at school that I was going to buy an Indy style fedora. They all looked at me like I was nuts. I asked what their problem was and they replied that buying the hat "would be gay". Why? I see no problem in it. It's not like I'm gonna buy the whole Indiana Jones gear and wear it everyday! I just want a hat! I'm not going to start thinking I AM Indy (unlike a guy at my school who walks around in FULL garb and thinks he's the Crow). Hell, Indy was my childhood hero! I remember at the age of 5 wanting be Indy as a kid. Now I realize that trying to be HIM would be a little obsessive, but I'm trying to do that. I just particularly like the hat. I always wanted an Indy style fedora, again, as a kid I remember watching Raiders and turning around to look at my Mom and saying "Mom, I'm getting that hat". Any of you run into this problem, and when you got the hat, and displayed to all your unbelieving friends, did they eventually get used to it and accept it?

"That is/would be gay" is said quit often in schools, in fact, I've heard people whispering that my leather jacket is "gay", but since when does wearing "different" styles of clothing consider you homosexual? But, just look at all these fashion models, have you seen what they wear, HAH, and they call THAT fashion!!! But I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's okay not to go with the crowd.... just look at... well I can't think of any famous person in particular but they're out there!

But hey, I remember reading of a guy who wears the bag. He doesn't mind!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]