Re: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on November 26, 2000 at 08:56:04:

In Reply to: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously? posted by Indy Coil on November 26, 2000 at 00:19:40:

Hey Indiana Coil:
Look - I'm 26, a bit over the hill I suppose to you, but I'm going to level with you. At 15 what your friends say is a big deal - but they don't know shit. I'm relatively grown up now (ugh!) but I've found that the people that don't know shit at 15 don't know shit at 25 or 30. People like you who are willing to take chances in the face of so-called peer pressure are the ones that grow, learn and have the ability to change the world.
So, I know this sounds like a motivational speech, but I wish I had your confidence at 15, but hear me out. Get some money, get a good hat, and if people make fun of you tell them to blow it out their ass. If they beat you up, wear your scars proudly. Indy has 'em, I think you might need a few too.
Cheers,
Sean
ps - I had an Indy jacket from Disney World when I was 15, and...let's just say it worked for me, okay?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]