And I like it much better when "gay" simply meant happy, or carefree(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.27.236 on November 26, 2000 at 10:50:12:

In Reply to: Re: A few facts to consider... posted by The Spatsman on November 26, 2000 at 01:30:11:

: Fact #1) Most teens are completely unaware of their narrow view, and most remain very shallow and frightened people until they start renting their own apartment; once that occurs, they tend to wise up as to just how plastic their views in school were. In other words, this too shall pass. Another post in this thread shows this trend,i.e.,girls dig the hat, most guys admire the fashion statement, only morons make derogatory comments.

: Fact #2) Time shall prove that most folks do NOT think a guy in a t-shirt and old jeans is 'cool'. Individuality and confidence WILL matter and carry a lot of weight in the future.
:
: Fact #3) Indiana carried a bullwhip...HE was a non-conformist, doing that which worked for him and never wasting a thought on the opinions of others. Ask him if he's a liontamer, recieve a very confident and individual response. Indy knew who he was, and employers, the opposite sex, leaders and artists and thinkers are drawn to those who know the same about themselves. BTW, the fedora, as well as the bowler, the homburg, the tophat and the porkpie are ALL coming back..give it 5 years, you'll be a trendsetter without trying. I was collecting detachable collars, cravats, spats (of course) pocketwatches, shawl-collared vests and frockcoats 17 years ago, and now 'goths' are everywhere and formalwear is starting to go more Victorian in it's fashion. I was ahead of my time simply because I followed my interests. Be yourself. If it was easy, you wouldn't see all these conformist cattle walking around today,pointing,jeering,snickering and being left behind.

: Keep the faith,
: ~The Spatsman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: