Re: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richiana Jones from 6.core02.access.plus.net.uk on November 26, 2000 at 13:49:15:

In Reply to: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously? posted by Indy Coil on November 26, 2000 at 00:19:40:

Personally, I have had many a trend... most of which come from the 30's/40's era. I have worn each and every one to school/college. I have a fedora that I have just restored... and I used to wear it to school when all it was was a hat (no petersham, no sweatband, and no lining). A couple of people made wisecracks about it... but they were all the people that aspire to nothing in their life but following the crowd. I ignored these people. The people that count are the women that dig it, and the friends that think the individuality is cool. I have also owned a black, wool, full length coat to school. I've been called an undertaker and everything... but again, not by the people that count.

Another thing is... some of these hats cost more than some of the peoples entire clothing for the day... so who has the best fashion sense, you with your $150+ fedora or them with their $90 and under outfit?

I'll leave you to think about that. Sorry for the essay, it's a topic I feel strongly about. (btw, i'm 18)

Regards - Richiana
(IndyWeb Webmaster)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: