Re: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hector from spider-wj032.proxy.aol.com on November 26, 2000 at 14:22:14:

In Reply to: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously? posted by Indy Coil on November 26, 2000 at 00:19:40:

Hey buddy- I am 30 years old now! Since I was 12 years old I was wearing Indy style clothing EVERYWHERE. I bought my first pair of jeans just about a year ago. Imagine my poor Moms headache when going school shopping for me!!!!
Back then all I was allowed to get was a cheap Wal-mart wool felt fedora but damn it I wore it everywhere. And yes, some people do razz you and say stupid remarks but 90% of everyone who has ever said anything has always been positive. At a reunion, I even came across some of those jerks who teased me, and seeing me still wearing fedoras, made the comment that they really thought that it was cool and looked great to be different.
All the unimportant bad comments will pass. The important thing is to wear it with pride and let it become a part of you. If you look like you are "trying to dress like Indiana Jones" then yes the idiotic public will tease you occasionally. Instead just look like you ALWAYS wear hats.....look comfortable in it, know the ettiquette of hat wearing, and give off that confidence of having worn a hat forever...it really works and comes through even in the face of an adversary...just the other day I was wearing it at the mall with my wife and as we went up the esculator these punky gangbangers behind us began making whip cracking sounds. I looked at them as if I hadn`t even heard them and smiled and nodded at them. In the nearby store the cashier heard them as they were still behind us muttering "Indiana" and she said '"That doesn`t bother you?" I acted like I had no clue what she was talking about. She said,"Those guys are saying you look like Indiana Jones." So I act surprised and go ,"Really? Oh,I didn`t know. I heard them making some noise on the esculators but I thought it was just some kind of personal problem or something..hmmm" She then smiled and said," They`re just jealous cuz you do kinda look like Indiana Jones. Especially that hat..it`s really cool." I thanked her, tipped my brim at her, saw the gang standing away and shook my head at them as if feeling sorry for them and left! Sorry this was long but trhe point is that just wear it with confidence...that will make all the difference. If you are gonna just wear it for certain occasions make sure it is cuz YOU want to not cuz Your friends created that decision for you. It will look more like Indy`s real hat if you break it in, give it that used, been-on-some-adventures look. Wear the damn thing and wear it proud!Your friend-Hector

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]