Well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on November 26, 2000 at 17:02:34:

In Reply to: Re: Why doesn't anyone take me seriously? posted by Indiana Valdez on November 26, 2000 at 16:45:14:

let's cut to the chase....they won't raze you if you wear it like you're expecting them to give you grief. If you carry yourself like you feel as if you need to apologize for wearing one, you shouldn't be wearing it in the first place. Wear it with pride, but mainly wear it like you would your pants or shirt. No one questions or makes fun of you for wearing THEM do they? Of course no, because you wear them and give them no mind. That's the way I've worn my fedoras for over 30+ years, from high school on through my mid 40's, and if you walk into a room with the posture that your fedora being on your head is a natural as wearing shoes, folks feel more self conscious about even making a comment than making one in the first place. I know, I've witnessed it for years, and STILL see it. And if somethings IS said, who cares? Just smile and say, "yep, keeps my head warm (or) keeps the sun off the old head", and go on. The way you respond throws the pressure back at the person making the crack, as where you show no response, it shows that they're wasting eveyones time even bringing it up. I know, I've lived it, and still live it, and I'm definitly old enough to be your dad...it's the same whether you're 15 or 45. It's just how you decide to carry yourself that will tell the tale. High regards to a fellow fedora wearer. Michaelson

: 15-year-old sophomore #2 here. I told my friends about the hat. They thought it would kick ass. Then my one friend said jokingly, "so like are you gonna start rolling through closing garage doors and stuff?" LOL.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]