re: Indy rides the 'scope in Seattle big-screen "Raiders" showing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Inbanana from ppp51.nwnetwork.net on November 26, 2000 at 22:45:47:

Just a couple of remarks, in gratitude to a crowd that understands this sort of stuff:
seeing this flick again on the big screen was great fun; and I was even more aware of some details to watch out for, and able to see 'em.
To wit: I saw Indy riding the periscope! The brief scene of the sub gliding into the cavern base, POV from aft of the U-boat: I could see a khaki-colored blob astride the periscope, just above the conning tower! I was probably the only audience member to yell "AHA!"... The resolution on the boob tube never made that clear.
Other than that, it was all very fun; the audience laughed at all the expected spots, including my fav, when Marion biffs Indy with the mirror on the Bantu Wind. The whole picture was much much more vivid, just as it was when I saw it in '81.
Let me say that my appreciation of this movie (not just the costume details) was much enhanced by various comments offered by the Forum community. A weepy, gushing thanks... oh, note to Indygear types who may keep track of such things: I only saw one fedora in the crowd of perhaps 200.
cheerio,
Inby

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: