Oh God....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on November 27, 2000 at 16:06:59:

In Reply to: M. Night & Lucas = Camp Indy (rant) posted by Humbuggery on November 24, 2000 at 14:37:15:

First off, I totally disagree with your reasonings. You have the right to your opinion about how you enjoyed the movie, but what you said was a total over-reaction to M. Night.

Let me see, by your reasonings, just because he uses a big plot-twist ending, this makes him no good? In that case, I guess we could also say that Alfred Hitchcock is no good because of the surprise ending he pulled on us for Psycho then?

If M. Night does get to work on Indy 4 with the big guys, it will probably be the best thing to happen to the series since Raiders was released! "The Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable" definitely show a director who knows how to use his camera and to write scripts. I would've hated those two movies if they had gone the standard route by being all loud and violent and the pacing is too much at a breakneck speed (basically as if Jan De Bont, director of Twister and The Haunting was directing).

In my opinion, "The Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable" were two very intriguing, well thought out movies that engrossed me from Frame 1 to the very end of the movie. True, "Unbreakable" isn't as good as Sixth Sense, but it still shows a great talent at work, whether or not everything will click for you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]