Re: Distressing the Alden boots

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn001a-p3-134.cybertours.com on November 27, 2000 at 19:25:07:

In Reply to: Distressing the Alden boots posted by Chris King on November 27, 2000 at 07:42:32:

: Hi everyone,

: I just won some Alden Indy boots on ebay. They're brand new - gleaming red/brown leather and they look ridiculous on my Indy display mannequin.

: How can I weather these to get the dark tan appearance seen in the films? Do I need to rub them with fine sandpaper and use Dark Tan boot polish?

: Please help - I've got to make these look more "used".

: Thanks.

: Chris

: christopher.king2@virgin.net

Can you just wear them? If they are a different size than yours, then find someone else who will wear them for you and get them good and worn. Sandpaper could work, but they won't look as good as if you just simply wear them. If you can't wear them, I recommend taking them outside and lay them down on their outside edges on pavement. slide them back and forth a couple of times. Really, there is no way to get the top of the toes worn appropriately without wearing them to form the proper toe-bend creases along the top, which wears the leather nicely.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]