Flight Suits Expedition Proportions Wrong?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Krunch from sc-24-24-251-133.socal.rr.com on November 27, 2000 at 22:47:19:

I finally received my Flight Suits jacket today, a 38 Tall in lambskin. It's a great jacket; the lambskin feels soft, smells wonderful, and is just the proper color of brown (A dark chocolate brown). The Flight Suits Expedition jacket is definitely a keeper!

Unfortunately, there's one problem: the jacket is too long in the body. When worn, it looks too big, in both length and in the chest. The thing that strikes me as weird is that, when I wear the jacket, the bottom of the jacket body and the bottom of the sleeves are exactly the same length. Normally, a jacket body is ~ 1 inch shorter than the sleeves, so I don't know why there's a problem here (Just now I fast-forwarded through 'Raiders', and it seems to support my position - but it's hard to tell, as Ford rarely stands still). The jacket just doesn't appear to have the proper proportions.

Interestingly enough, the reason my jacket was delayed (I ordered in mid-September) was that Flight Suits discovered their pattern was too short. Maybe they overcompensated? Hmmmmm. On a positive note, the sleeve length is right-on for me. Perhaps I need to get a 38 regular body with 38 Tall sleeves?

I live in LA, so I guess I'm just going to have to drive down to Flight Suits and figure things out with them directly. Hopefully they'll be able to come up with an inexpensive solution, as I really, really want to have this jacket!

By the way, I've been a long-time lurker here, posting very infrequently, but I just wanted to thank Patterson and everyone else for all the work they've done to make the Flight Suits jacket a possibility. Thanks!

Krunch

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]