Re: Hat Measurements.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Coil from pm6-46.northlink.com on November 28, 2000 at 00:53:12:

In Reply to: Re: Hat Measurements. posted by Fedora on November 28, 2000 at 00:38:42:

What about when ordering a PB, do they as for my head size in inches or the fraction number?

: : Just to clarify, when someone says "My hat size is 7 1/4" that's the circumfrence of their head in inches, divided by pi, and switched to a fraction right? So if I have a 24 in circ. head (and I do) would that make me a 7 3/4 or something?

: Actually, a 7 3/4 hat size translates into 24 1/4 inches around your head, at the widest part just above the ears and eyebrows. A 7 5/8 hat size is equal to 23 7/8. You are between these 2 sizes, and closer to the 7 5/8. 1/4 inch versus 1/8 inch. There was a fellow Indyfan who posted his pics of his PB a couple of days ago, claiming the crown was too tall. I wish he would measure his head and convert to the hat size because I still believe his hat was ordered in a size too large. Make sure you order the correct sized fedora. If it is too small, it will invariably be too uncomfortable to wear. If too large, you will have trouble seeing, and a slight puff of wind will send you chasing after that prized fedora. I know. I have owned both types. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]