Wested Jacket Collar Facing Problem?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank from 215-pm20.nwc.alaska.net on November 28, 2000 at 02:42:43:

I noticed the following "complaint" about the Wested jacket collar facing on IndyGear FAQ. When I look at the pics posted on IndyGear it appears the inside of the collar is covered with cotton fabric. Am I misinterpreting the question or has Wested changed its jackets since the pics were taken? Anyone else having problems with collar wearing through? I am thinking about purchasing a Last Crusade Jacket (New/hide with cotton lining) and would request modification (like Patterson) if there is a problem. -- Frank
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I notice that the inside of the jacket collar facing is leather, not the cotton fabric that Wested is using in the Indy Jacket. Am I seeing things or am I correct? If I am correct do you know why Wested has made this substitution? My collar is already wearing through. That was one of the first things I noticed on the Wested. I never directly asked Peter why they didn't automatically put the leather facing on the jackets they sold to the public. I did however ask for them on mine, which he gladly did at no charge. This doesn't really help you with your existing jacket, does it? You may want to check with a local tailor who does alterations on leather garments. Matching the leather on such a relatively inconspicuous spot shouldn't be tough, and I don't think they would charge much to add the facing. I think you would be happy with the alteration. Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]