Re: Baseball caps! I hate em!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Freudenthal from ws126-252.critz.msstate.edu on November 28, 2000 at 06:55:00:

In Reply to: Baseball caps! I hate em! posted by Fedora on November 27, 2000 at 20:22:29:

In hat choice (and in most other things), I don't really go for style, individuality, or conformity. I go for functionality!

Generally, I don't like to wear hats. When indoors, it cuts down on the light :). When outside, if the weather is fair, I like to feel the breezes blowing through my hair.

There are some occasions that call for a hat:

1. Driving. Here I wear a ball cap. I sometimes wear my Miller but that's only to have an excuse to wear it (it's too large for my sub-compact car). Most of the time, I go hatless though.

2. Rain!! My favorite hat occasion, now. The fedora, or any broad-brimmed hat, I guess, is the best rain cover I have ever had, when combined with a jacket. I wear my Miller in the rain, and haven't experienced any problems with shrinkage.

3. Prolonged Outdoor activities in the sun. The fedora is the hat of choice here, for airshows and the like. No sunburn on the back of the neck!

If I were to choose a hat based on looks, I would go with the fedora. But to choose a hat based on comfort, my fitted cotton NASA ballcap would be my choice. I like the feel as the cotton softly wraps around my entire head. My Indiana Miller does nothing for me as far as comfort goes. I really dislike that leather sweatband on my forehead.

Just my thoughts...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]