More M. Night Shyamalan Rumors~

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brachus from adp18.teleplex.net on November 28, 2000 at 22:05:34:

Unbreakable Jones?
Earlier it had been rumored that M. Night Shyamalan -- who, if you don't know because you're still in your turkey-induced tryptophan coma and slept the entire Thanksgiving holiday away, is the much-touted director of Unbreakable -- would be writing the script for Indiana Jones 4. However, Shyamalan isn't committing so quickly. He told Cinescape Online he has to think about what his next project should be, and "there are a lot of things on my plate, and with the actors' strike coming up, I'm not sure what I want to do next."

Shyamalan has quickly positioned himself as one of the pre-eminent directors in Hollywood. If he writes the fourth Indiana Jones installment, he may want to direct it also. However, there's a little obstacle in the way named Stephen Spielberg. Granted, Spielberg's committed up the wazoo (A.I., Minority Report). Unfortunately for the fans who just want to see Indiana Jones get into some more treasure-hunting trouble, Spielberg's probably not willing to give up his stake in the franchise. However, if Spielberg and George Lucas wait too much longer, great-grandpa Harrison Ford won't be able to pull off the snake-hating adventurer without the aid of a wheelchair and a bedpan.

Shyamalan's response to the question of whether or not he is going to write the Indiana Jones script seems polite and measured -- and vague. It's apparent from Shyamalan's last two directorial efforts that he's a man who has a certain vision for his work and needs complete control to execute it as he pleases. No matter how great it would be to be involved in the next Indiana Jones chapter, with a room full of control freaks (namely Spielberg, Lucas and Ford), it wouldn't be very amusing or fulfilling for Shyamalan.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]