Re: Indy Collectibles

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on November 30, 2000 at 21:22:56:

In Reply to: Indy Collectibles posted by Indiana Eastwood on November 30, 2000 at 18:28:43:

Well...It seems to me that the "Adventures of Indiana Jones" series of figures never had the widespread popularity that the original Star Wars line had. So from that perspective, it stands to reason that the Star Wars line for various reasons (aliens, ships etc) has a wider appeal and play value for children.
Having said that, it's well known that when Hasbro re-invented the Star Wars line in 1995 they knew full well that the majority of figures would be bought by nostalgic collectors and toy scalpers. That much is obvious, and has come true.
Do I think the same thing could happen for Indy figures? Probably not. Limited characters, limited costumes, limited vehicles etc...and there ain't much play value there. That translates into no money for whatever company produces them. I have no doubt that over the years we'll see high quality, limited run Indy figures, but never a full-blown line like Star Wars.
Besides, knowing Hasbro, they give Indy a jet-pack, robot arm and an AK-47...
Man, what a bleak outlook I have.
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: