Re: My god man,you are mad! Have you even read any Spidey comics!? Spidey was geekiy and a skinny nerd with pimples,McGuire aint perfect,but he's close! They also put Willem Dafoe as Osborne/Green Goblin.(now if onl Raimi would fix the stupid "Organic" webshooters crap we'd hav a great spidey flick!) NM

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Shorty from 196-28-48-99.prtc.net on December 01, 2000 at 01:28:55:

In Reply to: OFF TOPIC --- Spiderman movie's awful casting... posted by Austin Powers on December 01, 2000 at 00:49:25:

: Yeah I was watchin' that Leno character the other night(during Letterman commercials only) and his guest was that kid from that Cider House movie...Toby McGuire. So this Toby dude mentions this movie he's gonna start filmin' in January 2001, it just happens to be called "Spiderman" and he says he's playin' the lead. This weasel's gonna be Spiderman? 'Sup with the whack Playstation 'sup? Does anyone else think this's INSANE? The kid's about 12, he's five-foot-nothin', and he weighs maybe a hundred pounds. Now if I were in charge of casting, I would've picked that dude who played Robin in the crappy "Batman" movies, Chris O'Donnell. He LOOKS EXACTLY like Peter Parker. He's even got the hairstyle in his new snow-mountain movie. He'd be perfect. I just don't get it....Toby McGuire. That's like makin' "The Hulk" starring David Spade.

: But maybe I oughta lighten up. I mean who ever could've imagined that Michael Keaton would turn out to be THE BEST Batman out of the three?

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]