Re: Hey Michaelson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on December 01, 2000 at 13:14:11:

In Reply to: Hey Michaelson posted by HenryJ on December 01, 2000 at 01:47:55:

: You own both goat and cowhide and I am wondering how they compare in color and texture of the skins? How does the goat compare to the sample I got from FS? How nice is this different lining I see in the VIP?

: Thanks for any help,
: HenryJ

The VIP is slightly darker to my eye than the goat. The goat version is more in line to a standard mil-spec A-2 in terms of construction and lining. The VIP, on the other hand, is MUCH nicer in terms of, for loss of a better term, "class" where the leather is top drawer, suprisingly soft, small grained, and yet tough as nails. The lining is more of a satin/acitate that is reddish in color (in honor of Ace WWII pilots. Only aces were allowed to have a red lining in their A-2 jackets. David liked this touch and insisted it be placed in the jacket) The VIP is noticably heavier in weight than the goat, but being naked cowhide it would be. The goat of the Wings versus the FS is a bit larger grained than your sample, or at least the sample of the FS leather I've handled. Hope this is the info you were looking for. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]